Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Way To Go LaVergne Police Department!!!

You should all give yourselves a big pat on the back. After all, I feel so much safer now that I see that nice shiny black Dodge Magnum racing up and down Murf road breaking the very traffic laws it is supposed to enforce. Who am I to speak evil, though? I am simply a tax payer. As long as you keep my streets safe.........


Houston...errr.....LaVergne.....we have a problem. Where were you the morning of August 7th when a car full of hoodlams stayed parked at the corner of Tom Hailey and Cheryl...very obviously out of place, while many of its occupants were scoping out who to steal from next? The answer....NOWHERE. It took the homeowner taking matters into his own hands and coming to arms to defend his property - coming darn near close to killing an innocent bystander - before the first officer ever showed up.

But then again....Lake Forrest is a quiet place. The only reason we would need increased patrols would be for things like.....ohm I don't know....RECENT DRIVE BY'S!!!!!

News flash for the new chief: New cars dont mean jack when your patrolmen cant drive them on an effective beat. You want to to do something effective? Gain from my experience. Spend a little less money and purchase small traffic cones and label them. Place them around town. Change the location of these cones nightly. Make the patrolmen stop and pick them up and put them in their trunk. At the end of their shift, they log what number cones they brought it an the number corresponds with where they were found. It will give you a better idea of where Ace Ventura isn't getting to.

By the way. In over six hours....not the first patrol car have I seen down Tom Hailey. Now I don't know about you, but if someone just shot at me...and I'm a thief....I may very well concider retaliation. Don't ya think a little increase in patrol would be in order?


I'm here now...and I'm not going away. Shape up...cause your residents are about to speak up!

Respectfully...but Honestly,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Stink is correct. He is full of crap. If you are indeed my friend, a law enforcement specailist, then sign up, put your boots on and work for 10,000.00 dollars less a year to do the same job as metro police and smyrna police do. Sign up and show the people of LaVergne how to be a real policeman. These police officers are trying to do everything they are able to do. Mr, all knowledgable, if that bullet would have hit your mother, father, son, or daughter, you would be singing a different tune. Go out there and deal with the heat, the drugs, and all the thugs. Deal with law suits, and the media. Deal with the odd shifts and having no family life. Deal with everybody hates you, until they need you. I figured someone needs to level the playing field. Hats off to LPD.

Anonymous said...

I think the traffic cone scavenger hunt,is a brilliant idea. The best part? No crime can occur..ever...if every cone is found. Even though the officers will be concentrating on finding stupid little cones instead of bad guys..but..ummm... Next thing you know LPD will be turning those police issue crystal balls back in. They obviously weren't functioning properly to begin with since crimes continue to happen every single day. Take into consideration the gross overstaffing of the department, one has to wonder why they don't just put one of those extra cops on every single corner as a deterrent to any crime whatsoever. I do have another idea that I'd like to share. Each officer should have to play Rock, Paper, Scissors to determine who gets to drive the Magnum. Best two out of three should do it.

Big Stink said...

Actually, the "Cone Search" is proven to be effective in increasing patrols in problem areas as well as ensuring that adequate coverage is given on patrol routes.

As for the previous anonymous author....already been there, done that...had effective leadership and the tools to my job, though. All I am asking is that the leadership here do the same and keep my community safe. Will you keep out all the crime? No, but there is no sense in knowing that a crime such as a drive-by occurred here...and patrols were not stepped up here.

standing_my_ground_in_LaVergne said...

Yeah you anonymous guys are brilliant. I will say it again, yes I agree that ol boy shouldnt have been shooting up the neighborhhood over rims, but stop the what if crap. what if it was mickey mouse behind the wall that the bullet went through? Nobody was hurt and now Hadeous, I believe that how you spell his name has learned that he shouldnt just be wildly shooting his gun. hindsight is 20/20. The big issue here is why there is no curfew in LaVergne and why parents continue to let their kids run around and do stupid stuff. good example, how did they captain of the neighborhood watch not know her son was in a gang.... Id say shes not spending enough time with her kid if she couldnt see that. I know kids are smart, but parents should still be smarter.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.